Sunday, February 11, 2007

Martyn Bennett

I really enjoy Martyn Bennett's works. He is someone I wish I could have met. Here is his website, which his mother Karl Mariner is still maintaining. He helped forge the Celtic Fusion sound. You can hear soundclips from his albums, as well as watch videos on the media -> videos page. I really like the third video, the song is "Spree" from his self titled album. One of my favorite songs by him is still "Tongues of Kali". If I had to choose a theme song for myself, that would most likely be it. I recently read Myths and Legends of Our Own Land on Project Gutenberg and enjoyed it. I'm reading Folklore and Legends Scotland next.


ETA: Apologies for the exceedingly tardy correction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there

martyn's mother margaret is not involved with the website in any way. karl mariner is the person responsible for maintaining it. you can find him here http://www.flyboy.co.uk

best wishes

KatK said...

Early on, in the months after his death, it was his Mother who was posting comments and updates on Martyn's site. This is what the site itself said. Perhaps she isn't doing the technical stuff, but I think she is still behind the scenes of the site being up. I can't explain it any other way, it isn't phrased very well.